Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013...What an amazing year!

It is hard to believe that 2013 is officially ending! I must say these years fly by faster and faster. This year has had its ups and downs like any other year, but this year mostly good things come to mind!
First, Jillian started cheering for Upward basketball! She loves cheering and she loves the positive experience! This winter both Jilly and Nessa will be cheering and I will be coaching both teams.


George transferred to a new ship, the USS Makin Island. This duty station will help him get promoted as well as enable him to utilize his leadership skills. I am so proud of him for making board this year, the first time he has even taken the test. I know he has a bright future!


I ran several half marathons this year. I probably could have completed more but unfortunately the races here cost so much, not to mention I cherish the weekends I have when the hubby is home.

I got a job back in May at the church that we attend! I am the IT specialist and I work part-time which is perfect when it comes to ensuring I don't take away from any time from the girls.
This year my baby, Nessa, started kinder and Jilly started 3rd grade! It has been one heck of a year with them in school! They both love their teachers and they are learning so much!
I got to see my brother for the first time in over 5 years! I was such a blessing! I love my younger (taller) brother so much! He totally surprised me and it really made me so happy. I am such a proud sister. My brother has accomplished so much and I couldn't be more proud of him!



                

We finally took a family vacation. These do not happen very often due to military demands and our families giving us the guilt trip....lol. Never the less we had an amazing time! We loved Arizona and got to visit Phoenix, the Grand Canyon, and Sedona! It was absolutely beautiful and we got to go hiking and just take in the beauty! We needed the few days away!

Lastly I would like to highlight the fact that I officially completed Graduate School! This is such a major accomplishment, especially for my personal goals! Two years ago I decided to do grad school, and I was so scared that I would fail. Unfortunately, I am the type to give 110% to anything I commit to so I was determined to succeed!

So what does 2014 bring to the Brown family? We have a potential deployment on deck (I say potential because you never know with the Navy) I have some IT certifications that I would like to obtain to make myself a more rounded IT, and lastly I would like to run a full marathon!

I must say I am so blessed! I have an amazing family and amazing friends that really make my life so enjoyable. I hope you all have an amazing New Year!






2 comments:

  1. Wannabe supermom?? You ARE! What a fabulous year for your family! Your girls are growing so fast and are as beautiful as ever! Happy 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information.
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete