Sunday, September 9, 2012

New semester here I come

Well the last few weeks flew by, whether I liked it or not, might I add!! Seems like just yesterday I was finishing finals, and here I am preparing for another long semester!

Though I enjoy my time off from school, I do admit I get a little bored when I don't have a crazy assignment to work on. Granted I have stayed pretty busy running the girls around and also volunteering in the elementary school technology department, but when I don't have school work to do I feel like something is missing. :)

I am excited for this semester, but I am a bit nervous. Most of the nervousness is psychological due to my lack of experience and the fact that I am not actively working in the IT field. The professors require us students to introduce ourselves to the class. I have classmates that have up to 30 years’ experience in the IT field while others are actively utilizing IT techniques and strategies. Then of course you have me. My blurb usually consists of "Hi my name is Jen....I am a SAHM, I cater to my kids needs all day and I am an excellent homework helper to my 7 year old"......Sure sounds like I fit in huh? I am my own worst enemy, to say the least....

The classes this semester really interest me. I am taking an Intrusion detection and prevention class, and cryptology and data protection.....

Well this will be my last blog post for a while. My head will be buried in school books for the next 12 weeks.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment